Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- The Promotion is a Facebook competition.
- To enter, Entrants must 'Comment' on the promotional Facebook Post.
- The competition will end once the post has reached the specified number of shares.
- Participants who 'Comment' on this post on The Knight Shop International Facebook page after the winner has been randomly drawn will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- Due to the nature of the prize all entrants must be over the age of 18. If the winner is under the age of 18 then the prize will be redrawn at random.
- The winner will be selected at random and announced on The Knight Shop International Facebook page. A private mail message will also be sent to the winner from a member of our marketing team, the participant is responsible for altering any privacy settings to allow them to receive this message. It is the participants’ responsibility to respond to this message with the contact details requested in order to receive their prize.
- Participants will have two weeks from the date of their notification to provide the requested contact details. Failure to respond within the two week period will result in withdrawal of the prize and the selected participant will no longer be able to claim their prize.
- The winner must provide all necessary contact details, in order for the prize to be fulfilled.
- In the event the winner fails to claim the prize, another winner will be selected at random from the remaining participants.
- The Prize must be taken as promoted.
- The Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable (against its value in cash or against any other prize).
- The winner will be notified by Facebook message by the Promoter and by entering the promotion, the Entrant irrevocably consents to being contacted by Facebook message.
- The Promoter or the Agency will notify the winner within 72 hours from the competition being drawn. Not more than one prize per person will be granted during the Promotion. Entrants can enter once per Facebook account.
- The prize may alter from advertised depending on availability
- In the unlikely circumstances the event is cancelled no prize or cash alternative will be offered.
- Winner will not be expected to pay shipping costs within the UK.
- If the winner is from outside the UK they will be expected to pay for the shipping of this item at cost. If these costs are not met then the prize will be redrawn at random.
It is expressly stated that the Internet is not a secured network. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, agents and affiliates (including the Agency)) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; and/or (f) use of the Prize.
By entering the Promotion, any Entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Terms and Conditions and is fully familiar with its content.
If the Promoter or the Agency has any claim made against it by any third party as a result of any entry made by an Entrant (e.g. due to a breach of copyright or due to not having all relevant permissions to submit a photograph) the Entrant agrees that it will indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoter and the Agency against any claims, losses, damages or expenses suffered by or incurred by the Promoter or the Agency arising out of such claim.
MODIFICATION AND/OR INTERPRETATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law a) to disqualify any Entrant or b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion as appropriate c) replace an Entrant with an alternative entry in the case of disqualification.
The Promoter will settle, in its sole discretion, any question relating to the application of the Terms and Conditions or any question that may arise, unresolved by the latter. These settlement decisions will be final.
INDEPENDENCE FROM FACEBOOK
The Promoter is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By accepting these terms and conditions each Entrant fully releases Facebook from any liability arising from, or connected to, the Promotion.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any Entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of London shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Promotion or its subject matter or formation (save that residents in Scotland or Northern Ireland will be able to elect to have matters heard in the courts of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively).